I had to purchase a wireless printer so I stopped by Best Buy yesterday and checked to see if they had Wii in stock - and they did! But for $289. I went to the checkout and waited for them to say something about the price...just testing them...of course they weren't going to mention anything about the price...so I told them...to match Future Shop's price ($279) and of course they did.
Why am I telling you this? Because for those of you who may not know (and trust me I know plenty of people who get ripped off not knowing this), Best Buy will do a price match for you if you find the same product advertised for a lower price. They will need to see the advertisement or will call their competitor to confirm and will offer it for the same price, provided the competitor has it in stock...if not, they won't..why should they? it's in demand right?
Anyway, I set up the Wii in less than 10 minutes! Created my Mii (my personal avatar) and was ready to start playing! I gotta tell you, this game is really the best thing that has happened in the gaming world! Of all the five games, I love the Tennis game. The boxing game is pretty intense...gives you a good work out...I'm sure I burned a bunch of calories on that one.
The Wii works by detecting motion from the controller(s), which you will be holding in your hand as you play (Controllers and a motion detector is provided in the box).
Why did I decide on getting the Wii? Because it's more interactive. When I was growing up, they had video games that glued you to your seat...the only things that moved were your fingers and thumbs and sometimes your mouth when you were losing and wanted to yell "Oh Sh*$!"
Do I recommend this game box for kids...yep! In fact, it's a great game for all ages! One thing I wish they did was include an extra controller. The box comes with only one controller, an extra one will cost you about $45.
Am I getting paid to write this review? No, but I wish I was!
My teas gone cold, I'm wondering why...
Next review will be of my HP wireless printer. Until next time...ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment