That's right. I am finally back after a long hiatus. I realized that trying to blog twice or thrice a week was becoming a bit of a challenge for me given my 'other' work was taking so much of my time. Of course I get paid to do that so I had to choose that over this. Anyway, what made me start blogging again? A month ago I decided to replace my Nikon D40 with a Nikon D90. I thought why not start an online album or something to showcase my photos - even if they're not the best.
So, I finally revived my Flickr account and started uploading my photos. While doing that I came across many Flickr users who also have a blog. I especially like how Curiousillusion links her Flickr account to her blog and vice versa and am hoping to do something similar =)
I have to say photography is something that I am passionate about so I would hate to not do this. So, the two things I thought about doing today were 1) start blogging and 2) start taking photos daily to improve my photography. At first I thought about doing one of those Take one photo a day for a year project i.e. Project 365. But I feel like I will be setting myself up for failure if I start that.
So I'm thinking of doing Project 52 instead, where you take a photo every week for 52 weeks instead of every day =)
Wish me luck!

Oooh swanky blog spot! I dig it! :) Yeah blogging and flickr can be time consuming, hence my need every once in a while to completely disconnect for a weekend (aka this past weekend).
ReplyDeleteAnd oooh you should definitely do project 52 - I was thinking of doing it too! I think I'm going to try to take pictures daily, not to do 365 (that didn't work out so well for me) but so that I can have options to choose from for my 52 shot of the week. Plus taking pics daily = more practice for me.
Wow, love the coffee mug - I want one! Nice idea with the Project 52 too! Good luck with everything :-)
ReplyDelete@Curiousillusion - Thanks! So good to see you here!! It is time-consuming. I actually used to have another blog few years back. I used to get about 30 or 40 comments in a week and that was WAY too much for me. This is manageable though lol!
ReplyDeleteYes, I kind of like Project 52 better, which I started yesterday. I'm definitely trying to improve my photography skills too! Maybe we should start Project 52 at the same time!
@Michael - Thanks! I hope I can stick with it! Thanks for dropping by! :) I am now following you on Twitter.